How to Avoid Amazon Account Suspension and Get it Reinstated?
Time needed: 10 minutes.
One of our clients received an email about his Amazon Account Suspension since he had done a lot of mistakes. In this article, I am going to talk about how you can avoid getting your account suspended, and in case your account is suspended, how you can get it reinstated by writing a convincing appeal email.
- Major Reasons for Amazon Account Suspension on Amazon
1). Late order despatch – If you are dispatching your orders after the shipping date or you are placing tracking after the shipping date then they will be marked as late orders which can land you in trouble. This affects your overall performance rating as well.
2). Faulty order shipment – If you are shipping faulty or damaged products then customers will either complain to Amazon or they will start filing claims or returns. If a specific threshold is breached, then Amazon will first flag your account and give you a warning. If this issue persists, then they will eventually suspend your account.
3). Duplicate or Counterfeit Products – If you are selling counterfeit products, you are not only inviting Amazon’s wrath but in some cases, you may end up in lawsuits with well-established brands. So, never sell counterfeit products in the first place.
4). High Order Return Rate – Higher the return rate, the higher are the chances that customers are not satisfied with the product and Amazon can shut down your account to prevent future bad customer experience.
Steps For Writing a Convincing Amazon Account Suspension E-mail for the Appeal.
- Find the Root Cause – First of all, find the root cause of your suspension. Amazon is a fairly mature platform and if you have got your account suspended, there might be some reason behind it. Go through the points mentioned in the above section and make sure that you haven’t done any mistakes that may be the reason for the account getting suspended.
- Admit Your Mistakes – Amazon is in business for the last 20 years and as with every business, there can be uncertainties that anyone can come across. The first step to getting your Amazon account reactivated is to admit your mistake. You can’t take Amazon for granted. Some mistakes are unintentional ones like you forgot to include the product accessories or an empty box was shipped to the customer as it was a mistake of your supplier. If you have got a sudden influx of orders and you have made some mistakes, admit them in your account suspension email appeal to Amazon.
- Plan for Not Repeating Mistakes – Amazon will ask you for a plan about how you want to make sure that it will not happen again, and you need to be damn serious about it. If there were some issues in the product like you were selling flowers or some freshly baked cakes, you need to mention what has gone wrong. For example, flowers were not packed properly that caused the issue or your cakes got overbaked. Talk about what you are going to do to solve the problem. Like with flowers you have got some extra manpower to make sure that the flowers are in good condition when you ship them, and the same can be told about the cakes.
- Be Honest – Tell them honestly what has gone wrong. Honestly, Amazon understands the challenges businesses face and there might be some genuine problem that has caused the issue.
Every business can have some bright sunny days and rainy days, make sure to be responsible and avoid anything which can affect your performance matrix.
And if by any chance you have got your account blocked, make sure to mention everything honestly and tell them how much you value Amazon. Besides this give them a detailed plan regarding how you are going to make sure that you will not repeat those mistakes and what actions you have taken to do the same.
Comment below if you need any help in getting your account reinstated or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.