How to Sell Books on Amazon
- Why you should start selling books on Amazon
Before you answer get an answer to the question how to sell books on Amazon, you need to figure out why?
You can hardly find a person on earth who is not familiar with the name of Amazon. It is one of the biggest online marketplaces. You can sell every kind of product, whether large or small, and can make money. But most of the people are not aware of the fact that Amazon started its work as a little online bookselling store. Even though the business of the great online giant has expanded, also then books are an integral part of its business. If you are thinking of selling books on Amazon and becoming a bookseller but do not know where you should start? Let us help you. We are going to tell you how to sell books on Amazon and but if you are just starting out you can read how you can start to sell on Amazon to get started on Amazon.
- Some Important Facts:
There are several facts and statistics about book reading that strengthen the idea of selling books via Amazon, which can help you get an answer to the question how to sell on amazon. Some of the events are as under.
- A very informative survey held in 2017 by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) revealed that people in America spend almost 16.8 minutes approximately on reading, and this time is based on per day average calculation. Although the rate dropped to 11 minutes per day, it is still a significant rate.
- Amazon Kindle was considered as the first used e-reading device in America in 2018.
- According to the survey, online book purchasing reached 22% in the United States of America.
Book reading is very much popular among people in America. Approximately 74% of the adults spend money on purchasing one book in a year. 98% of the consumers always remain willing to read books, and they consider this habit as an essential part of their life.
There are several authors like J.K. Rowling, publishers, and booksellers that are making a reasonable sum of money while writing or selling books. Amazon is assisting these people in generating revenues and makes a competent income for them. Similarly, authors are not very much accessible and successful. Amazon is also providing a great platform to them for self-publishing services like Amazon’s CreateSpace and Smashwords publish a wide variety of books in a year. Now that you know the answer to why let’s get back to the question in focus – how to sell books on amazon.
How to sell books on Amazon –Steps you can take:
- Step 1: First of all, you have to make a seller account on Amazon.
- Step 2: There are multiple marketplaces i.e USA, Canada or the UK for selling books. You have to finalize the marketplaces according to the type of books you want to sell.
- Step 3: It is the time to list your books, so start doing so. Click here to find the best way to list any product on Amazon .
- Step 4: Now, it’s the right time to start building your stack of books.
- Step 5: You have to decide for yourself the pricing of the books. You have a choice to sell the books at lower prices to move stock quickly or can request high prices for them in case if you want to make good profits.
- Step 6: Shipping cost is an essential factor that you must consider while including the shipping cost of the books. You have to make sure that you are not losing money in shipping.
- Step 7: Regularly, you have to check your listings to find out whether the prices are competitive.
- Step 8: Do not add old books to your stock. You must add the latest and in-demand books to your inventory periodically audit the listings for slow-moving books. It would be best if you keep yourself updated with the latest trends that are taking place in the markets.
- Step 9: Properly maintain the stock and also try to clear it in small intervals.
- Step 10: Take the rest and earn money.
Finding Books on Amazon:
Selling good and quality books on Amazon is a profitable activity. You can even do this task as a part-time, and it will bring reasonable financial rewards for you. But it is very much required to decide about the investment in the stock you want to have and how much time you can invest. The stock of books must be updated regularly. The easiest and profitable ways by which sellers can start to sell books on Amazon are as under:
- Scanning Method: This is the way that people use to sell books at lower prices. They use their mobile phone scanners to scan the bar codes of the books. Although there are several ways of selling books on Amazon, this is the most efficient way. The sellers use Amazon Seller App, and this app helps them to give a cross-reference of the Best Seller Rank (BSR), and they get the lowest price for the books. If they find selling the book worthy they can list it from the app itself.
- Wholesaling Method: You can make a deal for a full lot of books that you can find instead of scanning each book one by one. Although this method has a lower profitability than the above one. It will help you in quickly getting started on Amazon.
- Retail Arbitrage: It is the most essential and appealing way of selling books nowadays. In this method, the sellers pick books from other marketplaces. After that, they resell these books on Amazon and make profits. The prices can differ in other markets and you need to find with books which are selling at a lower price than your current marketplace. Make sure you are getting enough difference in price to make decent money.
Techniques for Selling Books on Amazon:
If you want to earn profit through bookselling on Amazon, then you must get yourself familiar with these tips and techniques to sell books. Some of the best ways are as under:
1). Selection of Sourcing Method:
You can source your books in several ways. Some of the essential tips to get a source for your papers books are as under:
- If you like to deal with people, then wholesaling is the best option.
- If you think that your scanning method is a good fit for you, then you can use the scanning method to source your books.
- If you are getting low and reasonable prices of books from other markets, then it is far better to take that option. You should buy books from those markets and sell them at Amazon.
2). Selection between New and Used:
Now it’s time to start selling books on Amazon. You can sell two types of books at Amazon. These can be either used books or new books. Both have the same demand by the consumers on Amazon. If you want to invest less start with getting used books from your neighborhoods, the best place to start is garage sales. For new books, you can use the above-mentioned techniques.
Selling books on Amazon is a great way to make money on Amazon. It will bring some excitement if you find your regular day job boring. And success tastes the sweetest when it comes with a little excitement. The only thing that you must keep in mind is that you should know about starting your business with the right set of books and keep adjusting prices according to the demand.